Carol Marquardt has worked for many years in lay ministry in the Catholic Diocese of St. Petersburg, Florida. Before beginning the development of the Our Fiat materials and Mantle of Mary Association, she served as adult education director, catechumenate director, retreat house director, and charismatic prayer group leader. Along with these positions, she has worked in inner healing ministry and spiritual direction. She has also lead pilgrimages to Marian shrines such as Medjugorje, Lourdes, and Guadalupe, as well as Rome and Assisi. She has participated in evangelization missions to Eastern Europe with Renewal Ministries from Ann Arbor, Michigan USA.
A graduate of Duke University, Carol holds Masters degrees in Education from the University of Illinois and in Pastoral Ministry from St. Thomas University in Miami, Florida. She also received a certificate in Spiritual Direction from the Benedictine Monastery in Pecos, New Mexico.
Formerly a nationally ranked tennis player, Carol converted to Catholicism in 1966 after marriage to Mark, her husband of 47 years. She has two married sons and eight grandchildren. She attributes her interest in spirituality to an experience of the presence of Jesus in 1971, which she saw as a call to follow Him and serve Him. Shortly after, she experienced the charismatic anointing of the Holy Spirit. Ever since, her interest and focus has been the spirituality of the lay apostle in the modern world.
- prayer exercises to guide those interested in spending quiet, quality time alone in silence for personal prayer. Foundations of Personal Prayer
- listening to the Holy Spirit, which forms basis for the programs that follow. The Sound of His Voice
- Our Fiat Prayer Program and Mantle of Mary prayer network www.www.OurFiat.org
- Workshops offered on Cooperating with Grace, and Listening to the Holy Spirit through Scripture.
"Carol's writings reflect not only a personal experience that she has with the Lord, but a practical, pastoral way to teach others to do so. I highly recommend her books."
- Fr. Bill McCarthy, MSAFr. Bill McCarthy, MSA, Author & Director of My Father’s House Retreat Center
"This program is a common sense approach that combines human insight and truth about the pains of the inner self with the gifts of the Spirit of God. The Gospel truths are brought to bear in simple, but profound ways, to open the person to healing grace."
- Father Richard McAlear, OMI, author, conference speaker & national ministry of hope and healing
Recent Field Reports
For an inspiring and detailed look at our most recent missions, click on the following field reports.
- Carol Marquardt
- David Mangan
- Deacon Steve Thomashefski
- Debbie Herbeck
- Donald & Pat Turbitt
- Dr. Peter Williamson
- Francisco Gavrilides
- Jack Flanagan
- Jim Murphy
- Laurie Watson Manhardt
- Lavinia Spirito
- Lloyd and Nancy Greenhaw
- Mark Nehrbas
- Pete Burak
- Peter Herbeck
- Ralph Martin
- Sr. Ann Shields, S.G.L.
- Sr. Sarah Burdick, S.G.L.
- Therese Cirner
- Tom Edwards